Weight Loss Surgery at Rivers Hospital
The Rivers Hospital is one of the leading private hospitals in the UK and being just off the M11, it is easily accessible from London and the Home Counties. The hospital is located in Sawbridgeworth on the Essex/Hertfordshire border in beautiful countryside. A sweeping drive through landscape grounds leads you to ample free car parking and our award winning team focused on providing individual care to meet your needs.
The hospital opened in 1992 and is equipped with the latest medical facilities for diagnosis and treatment, and has very high quality clinical standards including effective infection prevention measures.
Rivers Hospital offers the following weight loss procedures:Gastric Band Gastric Sleeve Gastric Balloon Gastric Band Failure Gastric Bypass Failure Gastric Sleeve Conversion
Weight Loss Surgery Consultants at Rivers Hospital
Mr Sanjay Agrawal
Mr Sanjay Agrawal is a Consultant Surgeon specialising in Bariatric (Obesity / Weight-Loss), Laparoscopic (Key-hole) and upper Gastrointestinal Surgery at Homerton University Hospital in London.
Mr Agrawal is certified as ‘Bariatric Surgeon of ExcellenceTM, BSOETM’ by Surgical Review Corporation. He is the ONLY Weight-Loss/Obesity Surgeon in the UK to achieve this designation. Earning the BSOE certification signifies Mr Agrawal’s commitment to the highest standard of treatment to bariatric surgery patients.
Mr Agrawal has had extensive training in Laparoscopic and General Surgery in UK, Belgium, Japan & India and has undertaken more than 2000 general surgical procedures so far. In addition, he has an experience of over 500 laparoscopic bariatric procedures to date. Mr Agrawal trains other surgeons in bariatric & laparoscopic surgery and has made numerous presentations at national and international meetings as well as publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- MBBS R. G. Kar Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata, India 1994
- MS (Master of Surgery) Seth G. S. Medical College & King Edward VII Memorial (KEM) Hospital, Mumbai, India 1999
- FRCSEd The Royal College Of Surgeons, Edinburgh 1999
- FRCSGlasg The Royal College Of Surgeons, Glasgow 1999
Details of entry to specialist register
- Intercollegiate Specialty Examination in General Surgery, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
- American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- International Federation of Surgical Obesity (IFSO)
- British Association of Obesity & Metabolic Surgeons (BOMSS)
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh – Fellow
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow – Fellow
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) – Life Member since 1999