Mr Zafar Maan is a Consultant Urologist specialising in endourology, laser prostate, stone surgery, andrology, paediatric urology, urological cancers and general female urology.
• Catheter specialist and advice workshops
• Enlarged prostates causing urinary symptoms
• Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
• Female urology
• Foreskin procedures
• Haematuria (blood in urine)
• Holmium laser Prostatectomy (HoLEP)
• Hydrocele (Scrotal swellings)
• Interstitial cystitis
• Keyhole surgery
• Kidney stones - diagnosis and treatment
• Men’s Health Checks
• Minimally invasive procedures
• Overactive bladder
• Penile lumps and bumps
• Prostate advice and guidance
• Recurrent cystitis
• Stone prevention
• Stone surgery specialist
• Testicular / Scrotum lumps including cancer
• Trans Urethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
• Urinary symptoms
• UroLift procedure
• Vasectomy reversal
For more information on Mr Maan's practice, please visit his personal website here.
After completing a two-year period of research as part of a Masters in Urological Surgery at University College London in 2003, Mr Maan entered the urology higher surgical training programme in Cambridge and Essex. This provided excellent training in prostate laser surgery, andrology and general urology.
He gained admission as a Fellow to the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2008, after which he undertook the sub-speciality training fellowship in stone surgery and endourology at St Bartholemew’s Hospital, London. he was appointed as a Consultant Urological Surgeon at Colchester Hospital University Foundation NHS Trust in November 2010 and holds a Senior Clinical Lecturer post at Anglia Ruskin University.
British Association of Urological Surgeons, Royal College of Surgeons of England, Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, European Association of Urology, General Medical Council (GMC), Medical Defence Union (MDU), Association for the Study of Medical Education (ASME).
Colchester Hospital University Foundation Trust
Monday am & Wednesday eve